Quick Info on the Health and Beauty Industry
- The health and beauty industry brings in billions of dollars annually and is a major contribution to the national economy.
- At the moment, hair salons represent the key revenue generator in the industry, bringing in roughly $44 billion each year. Beauty and cosmetics are a close second, accumulating $22 billion annually.
- Social media largely drives popular trends, especially in health and beauty. Celebrities play a key role in publicizing the trends of this industry.
- According to the United States Census Bureau, this industry can be divided into several subcategories: Diet and Weight Reductions Centers, Barber Shops, Nail, Salons, Spa Service Hotels, Other Personal Care Service Centers.
- The general public has also grown more attracted to general health and wellness, further contributing to the personal services industry. Organic or sustainable products represent a key outgrowth of this trend.
Health & Beauty Related Articles