Request FREE Information
Quick Facts on the Fitness, Sports and Recreation Industry
- Different forms of fitness have emerged and are taking the floor in the fitness franchise industry.
- The global fitness and health club industry brings in about $80 billion each year, a significant portion of which is attributed to the US.
- In 2015, 36 thousand fitness clubs existed in the U.S. out of the 186 thousand clubs worldwide.
- Data has become the driving force of fitness franchising more than ever. Throughout the past several years, health and wellness trends have geared towards health optimization.
- Franchises like Barry’s Bootcamp or Fit36 combine high-intensity interval training with strength training to target and improve the metabolic rate. Ned Matheson, founder of Fit36 and former firefighter, told PR Newswire that he wanted to give clients a unique mix of exercises that other fitness programs fail to include.
- Gyms have begun to open work spaces in their facilities. Although this isn’t one of the more common trends in the industry, gym co-working spaces are definitely on the rise and will continue to become more popular.